ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject Re: VSS and FailOnError (Question/Request)
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 06:38:02 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Reilly, Jim" <>
To: "Ant Users List (E-mail)" <>
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 11:26 AM
Subject: VSS and FailOnError (Question/Request)

> 1) Does anyone have or know where I could get the a task for: Microsoft
> Visual SourceSafe Tasks (in Optional), that would in essence do a VSS
> on Status on a given Project and subs?

if it aint in ant1.5, it aint thhre yet

> (If not, could this be added as a requirement for the next release of

well, the way open source project work is you are expected to implement your
own requirements, that being the likeliest way of them getting done. Its not
like there is a vast bunch of professional developers living off the revenue
that ant sales bring in :)

> I would just like to report, say to a warning file, a list of files
> currently checked out at the time of a build: vss-getlatestversion,
> jar, buildnumber, and vss-label.

sounds like a good programming exercise. dont forget the unit tests.

> 2) Just a request for the next release of Ant: Could all "File Tasks" have
> the attribute "failonerror" like <delete> does. For example: <move> is
> missing it.

There is a try/catch combo on that is more likelier to
make an appearance, though a patch for move will be welcomed (Again, with a
unit test).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message