ant-user mailing list archives

From "Andres Valenciano" <avalenci...@artinsoft.com>
Subject Modifying properties on the fly in custom task
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 21:28:14 GMT
Hi.

I am writing a Task that has as a child an exec task. In my execute method I
am changing properties and calling the perform method on the exectask added,
this done 1 or more times before my execute finishes.

Now, the problem I am having is that the exectask is not getting the
"dynamically" created properties that I am using in the arg element.

For example:
<mytask name="MYTASK"  >
	<exec executable="notepad.exe"  >
		<arg line=" ${MYVAR}"/>
	</exec>
</mytask>

I am executing several times the exec task changing the MYVAR variable, BUT
the verbose output when running the script is:
	Executing 'notepad.exe' with arguments:
	'${MYVAR}'

Any idea about how to do it? Is the exec task building the arguments before
the perform method?

Thanks for your help!

A.V.