ant-user mailing list archives

From "Damon Hill" <Damon.H...@wnco.com>
Subject Classpath/Custom Tasks Question
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:25:24 GMT
Good day.

I am new to the list and this may have already been discussed and
cussed here, so please excuse if that is the case.
The problem we are having on our project is quite bizzar. There could
possibly be a change to Ant 1.5 from 1.4.1 concerning
custom tasks that we are not catching, but here is the scenario.

We have a large project that contains a master build and calls
subsequent build.xml files from it. In several of the underlying
subprojects we are using a custom written taks for ZEUS to generate
java files for our project. The target looks like the following:

<!-- generate zeus object models -->
<target name="zeus" depends="init, zeus1">
	<zeus srcdir="${src}" outputdir="${src}"
javapackage="com.swa.turbo.jms.config">
		<classpath refid="project.class.path"/>
		<include name="xml/MessageServiceConfig.dtd"/>
	</zeus>
	<zeus srcdir="${src}" outputdir="${src}"
javapackage="com.swa.turbo.exceptions.xml">
		<classpath refid="project.class.path"/>
		<include name="xml/exceptioncollection.dtd"/>
	</zeus>
</target>

The problem comes when this target doesn't set the classpath according
to the classpath attribute. As a matter
of fact it doesn't set it at all. In Ant 1.4.1 this is set correctly.
However, in Ant 1.5, it's value is null.

I have attached the source for the ZEUS custom task. Any help would be
greatly apprecited.

Cheers,

M Damon Hill
Integrator : TURBO/Jets
Valtech Technoloies, Inc.
"Science is built up of facts, as a house is built of stones; but
an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones
is a house." - Henri Poincare