ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: rename/move
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:00:28 GMT
On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Tibor Strausz <Tibor.Strausz@tridion.com> wrote:
>> <move> in Ant 1.5 should be fast enough as long as you are not
>> leaving any files via excludes in the directory to move.
>
> well not with me :(

Let's see whether we can improve the situation, then.

<move> will first scann you complete directory tree which may take
some time, this is the overhead <move> has over <rename>.  But in your
case <move> thinks that it must not simple perform a File#renameTo on
the directory (otherwise the summary would read differently), the
reasons for which could be:

(1) filters.  Do you define any filters, filtersets or filterchains?

(2) The target directory exists and cannot be deleted (not empty?).

(3) The directory contains files that don't get moved.  Does Ant
successfully delete ${srcDir} at the end of <move>?

Stefan