ant-user mailing list archives

From "Binu" <b...@maximedia-technologies.com>
Subject AW: RMI problem with Ant
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 14:53:53 GMT
Thanks very much for the reply.

    As I was going through the problem, I found out that this happens only
with the innerclasses. When the innerclass is serialized
java.io.NotSerializableException: is thrown. It should be noted that only
the innerclass is implementing the Serializable interface. And I serialize
only the innerclass. Does that make any difference for Ant.

For the normal classes there is no problem with the serialization.

Thanks
Binu.

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Thomas Zander [mailto:zander@planescape.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 5. Juli 2002 21:50
An: Binu
Cc: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Re: RMI problem with Ant

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 01:15:55PM +0200, Binu wrote:
> Hi,
>

>  I have a problem with RMI when I use Ant. If I compile my project with
> JBuilder I have no problem in running the project. But when I use Ant
script
> eventhough the stubs are created properly I get a
> java.io.NotSerializableException: when running the application. This
happens
> for my first RMI call.
>
> Any body knows why it is happening ?

My best guess is that the class you are trying to serialize is retrieved
from
a different jar or classpath in your JBuilder environment and in the ant
enviroment.

Take a look if you have a stale jar lying around which contains the class.
Just remove all .class files and jar files that are generated and start you
ant.

If this fails maybe the class is supplied in JBuilder as a different
version...

I never used RMI, but have seen the above happen some times, so excuse my
answer
if it totally missed the mark :)

--
Thomas Zander