ant-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Meakin" <>
Subject RE: quotes in args for exec
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 17:06:16 GMT
Hmm.. works for me- see attached zip file
Maybe you have an old version of ANT? Im using ANT1.4.1

     [exec] Current OS is Windows 2000
     [exec] bin\test.bat "hello world"
Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: bin\test.bat "hello world"
     [exec] arg1 is #"hello world"#

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Coast []
Sent: 29 July 2002 05:51 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: quotes in args for exec

thanks, yes I had seen your first comment and I can confirm that the mix of
relative and absolute paths is correct.  my original build file contained a
of properties (no hard coded values).  In order to debug the problem I
by successfully executing the command outstide ant.  I then replaced the
in build.xml with the values which worked correctly from cmd.  But to my
ant failed.  I believe the 'classpath' argument is in this case a red
It is not the classpath for the underlying java executable but it is a
needed by the executable.  When this parameter contains more than one
delimited by a ';' the value of the parameter needs to be quoted.  The
paths are fine as they are relative to the where I am executing ant from.
I have tried with dir set and with absolute paths for all of the parameters
the same error.)

I need to execute this

D:\java\jwsdp-1_0\bin\xrpcc.bat -server -classpath
-d target\classes conf\config.xml

but ant is giving me this

D:\java\jwsdp-1_0\bin\xrpcc.bat -server -classpath
-d target\classes conf\config.xml

If I execute this line on cmd I get the same error as I am getting when I
from witin ant.

If you have any idea how to pass quotes within the arg I'd be grateful.

(note the missing quotes)