ant-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Meakin" <geo...@isocra.com>
Subject RE: quotes in args for exec
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 17:06:16 GMT
Hmm.. works for me- see attached zip file
Maybe you have an old version of ANT? Im using ANT1.4.1

-Geoff

<<OUTPUT>>

main:
     [exec] Current OS is Windows 2000
     [exec] bin\test.bat "hello world"
Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: bin\test.bat "hello world"
     [exec] arg1 is #"hello world"#

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Coast [mailto:nathan.coast@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: 29 July 2002 05:51 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: quotes in args for exec

Hi,

thanks, yes I had seen your first comment and I can confirm that the mix of
both
relative and absolute paths is correct.  my original build file contained a
set
of properties (no hard coded values).  In order to debug the problem I
started
by successfully executing the command outstide ant.  I then replaced the
values
in build.xml with the values which worked correctly from cmd.  But to my
suprise
ant failed.  I believe the 'classpath' argument is in this case a red
herring.
It is not the classpath for the underlying java executable but it is a
parameter
needed by the executable.  When this parameter contains more than one
section
delimited by a ';' the value of the parameter needs to be quoted.  The
relative
paths are fine as they are relative to the where I am executing ant from.
(btw,
I have tried with dir set and with absolute paths for all of the parameters
with
the same error.)

I need to execute this

D:\java\jwsdp-1_0\bin\xrpcc.bat -server -classpath
"D:\projects\coffeebreak-common\target\coffeebreak-common-1.0.jar;target\cla
sses"
-d target\classes conf\config.xml

but ant is giving me this

D:\java\jwsdp-1_0\bin\xrpcc.bat -server -classpath
D:\projects\coffeebreak-common\target\coffeebreak-common-1.0.jar;target\clas
ses
-d target\classes conf\config.xml

If I execute this line on cmd I get the same error as I am getting when I
run
from witin ant.

If you have any idea how to pass quotes within the arg I'd be grateful.

(note the missing quotes)
Geoff Meakin wrote:
> 2 things
>
> 1st see my mail from before regarding dir if you havent seen it yet. This
is
> probably a cause why
> things arent working from ANT
>
> 2nd you can use line='"blah"' if you want to (i.e. single quotes for XML
and
> embedding normal quotes
> in them), though as far as I know &quot; is also a valid syntax, so this
> leads me to suspect
> the first point instead.
>
> Cheers
> -Geoff

&quot;D:\projects\coffeebreak-common\target\coffeebreak-common-1.0.jar;targe