ant-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Meakin" <geo...@isocra.com>
Subject RE: quotes in args for exec
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:33:17 GMT
2 things

1st see my mail from before regarding dir if you havent seen it yet. This is
probably a cause why
things arent working from ANT

2nd you can use line='"blah"' if you want to (i.e. single quotes for XML and
embedding normal quotes
in them), though as far as I know &quot; is also a valid syntax, so this
leads me to suspect
the first point instead.

Cheers
-Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Coast [mailto:nathan.coast@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: 29 July 2002 04:57 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: quotes in args for exec

Hi,

I need to get quotes in arguments to an exec command.  In order for the
command
to work, the -classpath argument needs to be in quotes.  Don't ask me why,
it
just does :)

this is what I have in my build.xml

       <exec executable="D:\java\jwsdp-1_0\bin\xrpcc.bat">
          <arg line="-server" />
          <arg line="-classpath
&quot;D:\projects\coffeebreak-common\target\coffeebreak-common-1.0.jar;targe
t\classes&quot;"/>
          <arg line="-d target\classes" />
          <arg line="conf\config.xml" />
       </exec>

but as you can see from the debug, the quotes are missing from executed
command.

[exec] [DEBUG] Execute:Java13CommandLauncher:
D:\java\jwsdp-1_0\bin\xrpcc.bat
-server -classpath
D:\projects\coffeebreak-common\target\coffeebreak-common-1.
0.jar;target\classes -d target\classes conf\config.xml

if I run the exact command above with quotes from cmd, everything works
fine.

thanks
Nathan