ant-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Meakin" <geo...@isocra.com>
Subject (OffTopic) Virus warning in msg I sent
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:02:55 GMT
Hi-

an attachment I sent Mon 29-07-2002 1806 BST (1706 GMT) test.zip
which is about 624 bytes big is being reported by NAV and other
email virus scanners as containing a virus. As far as I can tell,
this is *not* the case, having scanned both the original file,
and the file that propogated through ANT-USER-LIST, and also
hex-dumping it, which turns up an entirely normal zip file.
In any case I wouldn't have thought there was a whole lot that
could be done through 624 bytes.

Some of you (depending on your email exchange servers) will
get emails saying it has been quarantined etc. You
shouldn't need to look at the file anyway, but to be on the
safe side you might want to delete the email from me titled:

"RE: quotes in args for exec"

Unfortunately I've just got an absolute shedload of emails from
all your exchange servers notifying me of this :)

nice

-Geoff

ps: if anybody has any reason to believe this is not the case,
please let me know