ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Cepek" <mce...@smsi.com>
Subject RE: fail-safe O/S-dependent operations idiom?
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:29:51 GMT
Diane Holt <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote:

> <fail unless="antcmd"
>   message="Projecthelp target not yet configured..."/>

Whoa.  I hadn't noticed that Ant 1.5 added the 'if' and 'unless'
attributes to the fail command.  Cool!  Here's a great reason why our
team should upgrade to Ant 1.5 (I've been waiting for a really good
reason :-)

> BTW:
>> <property name="ant_loc" value="${my_dir}"/>
> When setting locations, you should use the 'location'
> attribute.

Ummm, I'm not sure what you're saying.  Use 'location' instead of
'ant_loc'?  Why so picky?

> there is still a bit of redundancy, but hopefully
> it's a bit cleaner than what you had.

Yes, your suggest is a bit cleaner, but still has some unfortunate
redundancy.  The obvious next gripe for me would be:  What if I needed
to set 3 or more properties, not just two?  But you're already ahead of
me with that with Dominique - thanks!

>> Extra Credit:  Anyone know why <exec> and <condition> use
>> two different sets of names for O/Ses?  I know THAT they
>> do; I'm curious about WHY...
>
> I don't think they do -- not for 'name', anyway. (You're
> welcome to prove me wrong, though.)

I've spawned this to a separate thread, "different O/S names".