ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>
Subject Re: Way to use a fileset for uptodate's "to" or "mapper"
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 01:11:19 GMT

On Tuesday, July 9, 2002, at 05:49  PM, Scott Ellsworth wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> I am trying to wrap my head around something, and kind of failing.
> What am I missing?

Turns out that <dependset> was what I was missing.

> filesInOutputNotGenerated = "foo.java, bar.sql"
> outputDirectory = "source/com/alodar/files"
> includesDirectory = "source/template/includes"
> template = "template/javagoodies.template"
> plist = "otheritems/thing.plist"

<dependset>
       <srcfileset dir="." includes="${template}"/>
       <srcfileset dir="." includes="${plist}"/>
       <srcfileset dir="${includesDirectory}" includes="*"/>
       <destfileset dir="${outputDirectory}"
         includes="*"
         excludes="filesInOutputNotGenerated"/>
</dependset>

The only problem I am missing now is how to know when to build if
dependset deletes my files.  If I run the above, it will certainly
eradicate everything in the directory if they are out of date, but
unless I know that something got deleted, I will not know that I should
regenerate the files.

Scott