ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>
Subject Way to use a fileset for uptodate's "to" or "mapper"
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 00:49:36 GMT
Hi, all.

I am trying to wrap my head around something, and kind of failing.  What
am I missing?

I am writing the ANT task for Alodar System's Intercalate template
processor.  This tool, much like an XSLT processor takes a template, a
property list that describes how to fill out the template, a directory
of import files, and a directory of output files.

It then uses the values from the plist to make a number of output files
in the output directory.  The actual output files are determined by
values within the template, so I am going to have something like:

filesInOutputNotGenerated = "foo.java, bar.sql"
outputDirectory = "source/com/alodar/files"
includesDirectory = "source/template/includes"
template = "template/javagoodies.template"
plist = "otheritems/thing.plist"

If _any_ of the template, plist, or includes are newer than any of the
files in the output directory not listed in the
"filesInOutputNotGenerated" property, I need to trigger a build.

Looking at the uptodate task, I want something like:

<uptodate property="one.class.upToDate">
       <mapper type="damfino"
         directory="${outputDirectory}
         includes="*"
         excludes="filesInOutputNotGenerated"/>
       <srcfiles dir="." includes="${template}"/>
       <srcfiles dir="." includes="${plist}"/>
       <srcfiles dir="${includesDirectory}" includes="*"/>
     </uptodate>

The problem, of course, is that I could not find a mapper that takes a
fileset and gives the above mentioned dir, includes, and excludes.

Again, the output is not generated according to a pattern that ANT could
know, as one might go from "cluster.plist" and "xml.template" to "a.xml,
b.xml, l.xml, qq.java", so I cannot use a glob mapper.  The list might
also change if the template or plist does, so it would be nontrivial to
generate that list.

Scott