ant-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Bernard <ebern...@digitalthink.com>
Subject RE: building ejb's with Ant1.5 using Weblogic 6.1
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 22:52:24 GMT
<apology>Sorry for the length of this post in advance</apology>

To follow up on Matt's post (since I work with him), here's the pertinent
logged information when running Ant1.5alpha using -debug:

   [ejbjar] Mapped publicId -//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise
JavaBeans 2.0//EN to file /vobs/opel/dtds/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd
   [ejbjar] Resolved -//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise JavaBeans
2.0//EN to local file /vobs/opel/dtds/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd
   [ejbjar] The old method for locating CMP files has been DEPRECATED.
   [ejbjar] Please adjust your weblogic descriptor and set newCMP="true" to
use the new CMP descriptor inclusion mechanism.
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/core/courseware/Objective.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/core/courseware/Objective.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/core/courseware/ObjectiveItemList.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/core/courseware/ObjectiveItemList.cla
ss
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/core/courseware/OpelCourseModelException.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/core/courseware/OpelCourseModelExcept
ion.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/core/dataaccess/PreparedStatementTemplate.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/core/dataaccess/PreparedStatementTemp
late.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/core/dataaccess/TrackingAccess.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/core/dataaccess/TrackingAccess.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/core/dataaccess/TrackingSequenceRetriever.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/core/dataaccess/TrackingSequenceRetri
ever.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/AbstractDataModel.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/AbstractDataModel.clas
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/DataModelBranch.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/DataModelBranch.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/DataModelElement.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/DataModelElement.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/DataModelLeaf.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/DataModelLeaf.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/OpelDataModelException.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/OpelDataModelException
.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/dt/DTCourse.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/dt/DTCourse.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/dt/DTCourseDataModel.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/dt/DTCourseDataModel.c
lass
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/dt/DTData.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/dt/DTData.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/dt/datatypes/DTIdentifier.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/dt/datatypes/DTIdentif
ier.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/dt/datatypes/DTString4000.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/dt/datatypes/DTString4
000.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/core/error/OPELException.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/core/error/OPELException.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/CourseTracking.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/CourseTrackin
g.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/CourseTrackingBean.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/CourseTrackin
gBean.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/CourseTrackingHome.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/CourseTrackin
gHome.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/CourseTrackingKey.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/CourseTrackin
gKey.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/LocalCourseTracking.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/LocalCourseTr
acking.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/LocalCourseTrackingHome.class
-
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/LocalCourseTr
ackingHome.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/dataaccess/CreateCourseTrackin
gData.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/dataaccess/Cr
eateCourseTrackingData.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/dataaccess/DeleteCourseTrackin
gData.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/dataaccess/De
leteCourseTrackingData.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/dataaccess/FindCourseTrackingB
yPrimaryKey.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/dataaccess/Fi
ndCourseTrackingByPrimaryKey.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/dataaccess/LoadCourseTrackingD
ata.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/dataaccess/Lo
adCourseTrackingData.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/dataaccess/StoreCourseTracking
Data.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/dataaccess/St
oreCourseTrackingData.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/datamodel/ItemStatus.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/datamodel/Ite
mStatus.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/datamodel/ItemStatusList.class
-
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/datamodel/Ite
mStatusList.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/datamodel/ObjectiveStatus.clas
s -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/datamodel/Obj
ectiveStatus.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/datamodel/evaluators/Evaluator
.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/datamodel/eva
luators/Evaluator.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/datamodel/evaluators/OrClauseE
valuator.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/datamodel/eva
luators/OrClauseEvaluator.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/datamodel/evaluators/Performan
ceValueParts.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/datamodel/eva
luators/PerformanceValueParts.class
   [ejbjar] dependent class:
com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/datamodel/evaluators/SimpleEva
luator.class -
/vobs/opel/build/com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/datamodel/eva
luators/SimpleEvaluator.class
   [ejbjar] building CourseTrackingBean.jar with 37 files
   [ejbjar] adding file
[...]
   [ejbjar] adding file 'META-INF/ejb-jar.xml'
   [ejbjar] adding file
'com/digitalthink/opel/core/error/OPELException.class'
   [ejbjar] adding file
'com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/DataModelElement.class'
   [ejbjar] adding file
'com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/LocalCourseTrackingHome.class
'
   [ejbjar] adding file
'com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/CourseTrackingBean.class'
   [ejbjar] adding file
'com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/AbstractDataModel.class'
   [ejbjar] adding file
'com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/dt/datatypes/DTIdentifier.class'
   [ejbjar] adding file
'com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/CourseTracking.class'
   [ejbjar] adding file
'com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/DataModelBranch.class'
   [ejbjar] adding file
'com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/dataaccess/FindCourseTracking
ByPrimaryKey.class'
   [ejbjar] adding file
'com/digitalthink/opel/core/datamodel/dt/DTCourse.class'
   [ejbjar] adding file 'META-INF/weblogic-ejb-jar.xml'
   [ejbjar] adding file
[...]
   [ejbjar] Checking if weblogic Jar needs to be rebuilt for jar
CourseTrackingBean.jar

This is using Ant1.5 (with <ejbjar> attribute dependency=super set) with
-debug:

[...]
   [ejbjar] building CourseTrackingBean.jar with 9 files
   [ejbjar] adding file
'com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/CourseTrackingHome.class'
   [ejbjar] adding file 'META-INF/ejb-jar.xml'
   [ejbjar] adding file
'com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/LocalCourseTrackingHome.class
'
   [ejbjar] adding file
'com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/CourseTracking.class'
   [ejbjar] adding file
'com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/CourseTrackingBean.class'
   [ejbjar] adding file 'META-INF/weblogic-ejb-jar.xml'
   [ejbjar] adding file
'com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/CourseTrackingKey.class'
   [ejbjar] adding file
'com/digitalthink/opel/delivery/coursetracking/LocalCourseTracking.class'
   [ejbjar] Checking if weblogic Jar needs to be rebuilt for jar
CourseTrackingBean.jar

There's a significant difference between the dependency list that's
generated by 1.5alpha -- which is the correct set of dependencies that we
want.

So, it appears that a change was made at some point in the dependency
generator that breaks the functionality.  I took a look at the
GenericDeploymentTool.java file to try to find the problem, but I can't
narrow down the exact problem (not even sure if I was looking in the right
place).

Cheers!
Eddie