ant-user mailing list archives

From "Franz, Paul" <PFr...@glog.com>
Subject RE: RMI problem with Ant
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 10:44:42 GMT
Ah. I see the problem. Since it is an inner class it is also trying to
serialize the outer class, since there is an implicit reference to it unless
the inner class is a static class. (e.g. protected static class
InnerClassName)

Paul Franz

-----Original Message-----
From: Binu [mailto:binu@maximedia-technologies.com]
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 10:54 AM
To: Ant Users List; ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: AW: RMI problem with Ant

Thanks very much for the reply.

    As I was going through the problem, I found out that this happens only
with the innerclasses. When the innerclass is serialized
java.io.NotSerializableException: is thrown. It should be noted that only
the innerclass is implementing the Serializable interface. And I serialize
only the innerclass. Does that make any difference for Ant.

For the normal classes there is no problem with the serialization.

Thanks
Binu.