ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Adams" <DAd...@ignitesports.com>
Subject passing references
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 20:06:47 GMT
I am attempting to build an ant library of sorts to re-use as many tasks as possible. However,
I have run into a problem when trying to pass references too many times.

The reference is a created in an XML file:
	<property name="global.lib" value = "${dir.local.lib}" />
	<fileset id="globallibs" dir="${global.lib}">
		<include name="commons-logging.jar"/>
		<include name="jakarta-oro-2.0.1.jar"/>
		<include name="xalan.jar"/>
		<include name="jaxp.jar"/>
		<include name="jgl3.1.0.jar"/>
		<include name="jdbc.jar"/>
		<include name="ifxjdbc.jar"/>
		<include name="ifxjdbcx.jar"/>
		<include name="servlet.jar"/>
		<include name="NetComponents.jar"/>
		<include name="jdom.jar"/>
		<include name="cos.jar"/>
		<include name="junit.jar"/>
		<include name="log4j-1.2.jar"/>
	</fileset>
This is then passed to a child XML file within a task:
	<target name="test" if="junit.exists">
		<ant antfile="master_lib.xml" target="java.test" inheritall="true" inheritrefs="true"/>
	</target>
In the "master_lib.xml" file, I then call an ant task within the same XML file:
	<antcall target="java.compile" inheritall="true"/>

The target antcall fails, returning the error message that globallibs cannot be found. Recall
that globallibs reference was created in the calling ant XML file.

The code appears to be correct, but is not passing references as I would expect. References
appear to have a limit as to how many times they can be passed. Is there some sort of expiration?

David Adams
Ignite Sports (www.ignitesports.com)
Voice: 773.293.4300