ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Building a Classpath
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:24:03 GMT
I believe extraneous messages like that were removed, and should thus
disappear when 1.5.1 comes out the door, but I'm not 100% sure it applies to
your case. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: William E. Kempf [mailto:williamkempf@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 2:24 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Building a Classpath

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dominique Devienne" <DDevienne@lgc.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 3:31 PM

> No need for <printpath>. Simply do <property name="fooPath" refid="foo"/>.
>
> Study the output of running Ant with the -verbose (or -debug if you can
> stomach it) switch. That'll show you what <javac> is doing. By default,
> <javac> also includes the classpath it runs with (the one used by the Java
> VM running Ant, which is the current classpath of your environment,
extended
> with all the jars/zips in $ANT_HOME/lib). See the 'includeAntRuntime' and
> 'includeJavaRuntime' attributes of <javac> for details.

Thanks for all the help.  Turns out I did something stupid, but now I've got
a working implementation.  I've got a question however.  Ant is producing
output like "Overriding previous definition of reference to my.classpath"
when this task is invoked.  (In fact, it produces multiple such output
lines.)  Any idea why?

Bill Kempf