ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Inventory
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 18:16:12 GMT
I don't generate a checksum, but when doing a distrib, I generate some sort
of manifest of all the files under CVS control (which of course should
comprise all files necessary to build the app) using the following target
below.

Not that great and also might expose more to the client that he/she should
see in general, but useful to know exactly what went in the distrib. Of
course, one can tag the CVS tree as well, but we only do so for important
distribs, so this mechanism allows knowing exactly what went into every
distrib generated.

If anyone has a better idea to do that, I'd like to know too. --DD

  <!-- ====================================================
       Creates manifest listing all version of the MoWI files
     used to generate a distrib.
    -->
  <target name="cvs-manifests"
          depends="init"
          unless="no-cvs-manifests">

    <property name="mowi-cvs-manifest"
            value="${distrib}\docs\WebHelp\MoWI-CVS-Manifest.txt" />

    <cvs command="-z3 status"
         cvsRoot="${mowi.cvsroot}"
         output="${mowi-cvs-manifest}"
         quiet="${cvs-quiet}" />

    <echo file="${mowi-cvs-manifest}"
        message="Build Machine:    ${env.COMPUTERNAME}${nl}"
        append="yes" />
    <echo file="${mowi-cvs-manifest}"
        message="Base Directory:   ${basedir}${nl}"
        append="yes" />
    <echo file="${mowi-cvs-manifest}"
        message="Start time:       ${TIME_NOW} on ${TODAY}${nl}"
        append="yes" />
    <echo file="${mowi-cvs-manifest}"
        message="Java VM Version:  ${java.vm.version}${nl}"
        append="yes" />

  </target><!-- cvs~manifests -->