ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: passing arguments to JUnit task?
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:58:16 GMT
Lots of people don't seem to know about <sysproperty key="name"
value="value"/>, which is equivalent to <jvmarg value="-Dname=value"/> in
the <java>/<junit> tasks. Just wanted to point it out. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Lyon [mailto:matt@stargus.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 8:30 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: passing arguments to JUnit task?

Hi,

We have some junit test cases that exercize the topology code which manages
the data warehousing aspect of our application. We've had pretty good
success passing database URL arguments as <jvmarg>'s as per the following
example:

    <!-- Run the JUnit tests. -->
    <junit fork="yes"
           dir="${build.output.classes.dir}"
           printsummary="yes"
           haltonfailure="yes">
      <jvmarg
value="-Ddb.node1=jdbc:oracle:thin:junit_node1/junit@cont01:1521:cdb"/>
      <jvmarg
value="-Ddb.node2=jdbc:oracle:thin:junit_node2/junit@cont01:1521:cdb"/>
      <classpath>
        <pathelement path="${java.class.path}"/>
        <pathelement path="${cp}"/>
        <pathelement location="${build.output.classes.dir}"/>
      </classpath>
      <formatter type="xml"/>
      <test name="com.stargus.platform.topology.AllJUnitTopologyTests"
            todir="${metrics}/junit_reports"/>
    </junit>
  </target>

Not sure if that will help with what you are trying to achieve, but it might
give you some ideas of things to try.

Cheers,

Matt