ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: The <javadoc> task doesn't support the nested "patternset" el ement
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:24:50 GMT
Actually, I believe Ronald is right:

<fileset dir="${dir.src}" />
<patternset refid="patternset.src" />
</fileset>

There's indeed nothing wrong with the first <fileset />, neither with the
<patternset/> on line 2 above, but </fileset> on line 3 is incorrect (it
doesn't close any opening <fileset>).

My limited understanding of XML would tell me this is indeed not well formed
XML... As to how this is not detected by Ant/SAX1, I'll leave that to the
experts. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 2:28 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: The <javadoc> task doesn't support the nested "patternset"
element

--- Ronald Muller <rk.muller@12move.nl> wrote:
> okay, so it is not validated, but a check if the document is well formed
> can be done by every XML parser and does not need a DTD. So I still do
> not understand why Ant does not do this.

There's nothing wrong with <fileset ... />, since there's no requirement
that it have nested elements. And when you did that, your nested
tag was) -- hence, the error you got, which did say what the error was:
 <javadoc> doesn't support the nested "patternset" element.
which it doesn't.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)