ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Javac failure send an email
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:47:50 GMT
You can define <javac> to not fail on error, and a property to be set in
this case. Just do the mail when that 'compile error property' has been set
(see doc of <javac>).

On the other hand, there's also the MailLogger (defined on the command line,
not inside the build.xml), which might help you as well. I'm not sure
whether it can make the distinction between a good or bad build, and mail
only in the case of the latter, but I would assume it can. Check it out in
the doc (or is it the FAQ?) too. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Colin Chalmers [mailto:colin.chalmers@maxware.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 10:01 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Javac failure send an email

Hi all,

Perhaps a colleague of mine asked this recently? But he's on holiday now.

We're using Ant to take care of our build process. I was wondering if it was
possible to send an email if the compile process fails. Currently we get an
email after the compile has completed.

Thx

Colin Chalmers
Maxware Benelux