ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: ant "run" target
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:35:25 GMT
We use <java fork='yes'/> to run our program in the developer sandboxes
(instead of doing a distrib and run it, which takes time to jar up things,
and copy somewhere).

You just need to be sure to fork it, and be aware that the output from
native code might be blocked by Ant somehow if you don't run in -verbose
mode, and also that Ant blocks until your application terminates.

But otherwise, go for it ;-) --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Charters [mailto:mcharter@umich.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 7:58 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: ant "run" target

hi,

i am new to ant and developing in java in general.

i was curious if it is typical to have an ant "run" target, just for
running your program?  or is there another way that you java guys do it?

i noticed the book i have (ant: the definitive guide) did not say much
about using the <java> command in the ant buildfiles much ... and i
wondered if there is a reason (like maybe there is a different way to do
it?)?

thanks,
-Mike