ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Building a Classpath
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 20:31:50 GMT
No need for <printpath>. Simply do <property name="fooPath" refid="foo"/>.

Study the output of running Ant with the -verbose (or -debug if you can
stomach it) switch. That'll show you what <javac> is doing. By default,
<javac> also includes the classpath it runs with (the one used by the Java
VM running Ant, which is the current classpath of your environment, extended
with all the jars/zips in $ANT_HOME/lib). See the 'includeAntRuntime' and
'includeJavaRuntime' attributes of <javac> for details.

If you can't find anything, then send it, and maybe someone will help with
it. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: William E. Kempf [mailto:williamkempf@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 3:28 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Building a Classpath

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dominique Devienne" <DDevienne@lgc.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 2:43 PM

> OK, I think I've got it this time:
>
> String idname = "myid";
> Path path = new Path(getProject(), classpath);
> getProject().addReference(idname, path);
>
> Let me know. --DD

Thanks.  This has gotten me closer.  The path appears to construct properly.
Problem is, the <javac> task is failing for classpath reasons.  Here's
basically what I have in my ant script:

<target name="compile" depends="init">
   <parseclasspath id="foo"/>
   <javac destdir="${build.dir}"
          debug="${build.debug}"
          srcdir="${src.dir}">
      <classpath refid="foo"/>
      <include name="**/*.java"/>
   </javac>
</target>

As a debugging aid I've created a custom Ant task that prints the elements
of a Path and added the following line after the <parseclasspath> above:

   <printpath refid="foo"/>

This shows me all the classpath elements I'd expect to see.  Any ideas on
why it doesn't appear to work in the <javac> task?

Bill Kempf