ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject RE: Building a Classpath
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:38:58 GMT
Sound to me that your task should define a Ant 'Path' data type. Have your
task ask for an 'id' name, and assign that id to the Path it creates (using
setId()). After your class as executed, you should be able to refer to that
id, as is <classpath refid="myid"/> inside <javac> for example. But maybe
not, as real Ant committers will likely say soon. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: William E. Kempf []
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 11:35 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Building a Classpath

The problem:  there's a text file using a proprietary format that defines a
classpath needed for building that I want parsed from an Ant script.

The current solution:  I've written a custom Ant task that parses the file
and constructs a classpath string which is assigned to a user specified ant

This works fine, but I'm wondering if there's a better solution.  For
instance, should the task create a classpathref, and if so how do you code
that?  Would it be possible to extend <classpath> somehow to work with this
text file?

I'm new enough to ant development that I don't even know if I'm formulating
these questions correctly.  So, I guess I'm looking for input/insight into
how best to deal with the problem as stated.

Bill Kempf

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>