ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: refactoring a large project
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2002 23:38:35 GMT
That's more ambitious that what I had in mind, but it's great. I like the
name <subbuild> (or <sub-build> is element name can contain dashes) better
though.

In the meantime, I think a simpler <multi-ant> that internally creates a new
<ant> for each sub-project and allows inferring the target name to run in
the sub-build from the target name currently running would satisfy many
people. And it could easily be 1.5 compatible.

--DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:steve_l@iseran.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2002 6:34 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: refactoring a large project

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dominique Devienne" <DDevienne@lgc.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2002 09:30

> It's not mine, it's Diane's, and she already has the Java version of the
> same task. And BTW, <ant> should support that built-in now, taking a
> filelist of Ant build files, IMHO. --DD

I have some ideas for redoing <ant> too; I work sporadically on apache axis,
and it needs something better. But I wont call it ant, I would go for a
clean no-compatibility-issues <build> call. One problem I am still thinking
through...how do I run fork=true and pass down things like references and
typedefs? I may have to serialize stuff to a file and have a second entry
point to ant to load the stuff in.