ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Using Property within a nested tag.
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 15:45:33 GMT
Did you look at
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/develop.html#nested-elements ? Maybe
using addConfiguredXXX would do what you expect? I'm not sure. Experts will
answer you more positively soon I'm sure ;-) --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon O'Doherty [mailto:simon_odoherty@mail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 10:38 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Using Property within a nested tag.

Hi,

I am creating a custom task and I have a nested tag which shares some of the
functionality of the property tag.

So I create my nested tag as implementing property and it works fine.
However it does not work until my top level task is finished.

For example.

<task>
  <myprop name="test" value="this is a test"/>
  <echo message="${test}"/>
</task>
<echo message="${test}"/>

The first echo returns "${test}" but the second returns the correct value.

My execute code is processing the myprop tags first so that all properties
are generated, but the other nested tags can't access them.

I am just wondering if I am doing something wrong? Is this what the property
tag should do? Or if this has been discussed before can someone please point
me to the thread (I've looked without much luck :/). TIA.

Simon.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://www.netzero.net/?refcd=N2P0602NEP8