ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: How to: Converting a property value into something else?
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 22:14:45 GMT
Yes, the bat files as a @SERVICES@ placeholder. But in the bat, if it's on
several line, each line must end with a caret (^) which is the DOS
equivalent to back-slash (\) for properties files. So the property must be
something like:

myapp.services=\
service1${line.separator} ^\
service2${line.separator} ^\
service3${line.separator}

which I then cannot use in <java><arg value="-services"/><arg
line="${myapp.services}"/></java> anymore (all those carets, it won't digest
for sure, if it did digest the line separators!).

I have it working without the formatting, ending up with a 206 characters
long line. Ant is lacking some simple regex formatting of properties IMHO.

--DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 5:08 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: How to: Converting a property value into something else?

Can you live with your properties file looking like:

myapp.services=\
service1${line.separator} \
service2${line.separator} \
service3${line.separator}

Then just read the file in with <property>, and reference
${myapp.services} in your <filter> element. (I assume MyApp.bat has a
@services@ or some such in it, yes?).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)