ant-user mailing list archives

From John Keyes <j...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Checkstyle 2.3 released
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 22:46:18 GMT
True, which means there is no need to compare the
two products ;)

I get your point though.  A thing I have wanted to
set up (but never got around to it) is to have users
specify their own coding style in a properties file.
This properties file is kept in a well know location
e.g. $HOME and has a well defined name e.g. .codestyle
A source code repository can also has a codestyle
file which is stored in the root directory of the
repository (I am speaking from a CVS point of view here).

When code is checked out it is styled according to the
users style file and when code is commited it is styled
according to the repository file.  All code in the
repository is thus formatted according to a well defined
style.  When a user checks the code out it is formatted
according to that users style requirements.  I think that
this would be a cool solution.

This of course would be dependent on the source code
formatter being very good as the code being commited
is not the actual code the user was working on.

-John K