ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Less...@bertelsmann.de
Subject Including files in build files
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 14:48:15 GMT
Hello everybody
I'm about to prt existing Makefiles to Ant build scripts and came across
some problems:

1.
My Makefiles all include a common include file with common settings and
targets for all my independent sub-projects. I'm quite happy with that
concept and therefore would like to know if there is a similar feature in
Ant too. I've read something in the FAQs that I could perform this the
XML-way. But this looks pretty nasty to me, keeping in mind that the reason
for using common include files is to make the actual build scripts very,
very simple.

2.
Is there a built-in property providing the current target? This is nice for
recursive propagation without writing indivual targets.

3.
Can I refer to environment variables?

Cheers,
Jan Lessner