ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Lyon" <m...@stargus.com>
Subject RE: ebjc errors
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:13:18 GMT
FWIW,

We ran into this on one of the developers' systems in our shop under the Ant 1.5 upgrade.
I didn't get down in the weeds to find out the exact why's, but found that setting %ANT_HOME%
to the root install of ant (e.g. C:\ant or some such), setting %JAVA_HOME% to the root dir
of the jdk install (e.g. C:\jdk131 or whatever), and then adding %ANT_HOME%\bin and %JAVA_HOME%\bin
to the %PATH% fixed the problem. I'm not sure why Ant 1.4.1 was working without the definition
of these environment variables, I haven't diffed the scripts shipped with the Ant binary distros
of 1.4.1 and 1.5.

HTH,

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Conor MacNeill [mailto:conor@cortexebusiness.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 8:09 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: ebjc errors

Eddie Bernard wrote:
> Conor-
>
> I'll help out on this, since Matt and I are both working on the same
> problem.
>
> Under previous versions of Ant, we did not encounter this problem.  However,
> I'm not sure that this is in fact an Ant problem.  We're thinking that it
> may be a Windoze problem of running out of command line buffer.  What's
> perplexing us is that this problem just manifested itself recently and has
> not been a problem in the past.  We also have other build systems that
> construct much larger command lines and works fine.  We've also found that
> we can replicate the problem only under unique circumstances and it's not
> always consistent.

Hmmm, odd. If you can replicate it I would suggest running with the -debug
flag to see what command line is being used. If you can cut and paste that
onto a command line (you may need to use keepgeneric for that) and see if it
works from there. As you can see the error is actually occuring in ejbc, not
ejbjar - so technically not part of Ant. It would be interesting to contrast
the command line with 1.4 in this case.

> We're going to try and run this using MKS and CygWin to see if it errors out
> the same way.

I don't think either of these will have an impact since they are not
involved when Ant invokes java to run ejbc, but worth trying anyway.

Conor