ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Lyon" <m...@stargus.com>
Subject RE: Ant 1.5 -- deprecated warning from Available task
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:57:51 GMT
FWIW,

I'm +1 on Bryan's suggestion. I use <available> in an init target that all of my other
targets depend on. Although I suppose on the one hand, my flow-control is a little sloppy
in that my compound targets call my "init" target several times during a typical build sequence
(and even though the value being set by available is the same each time, it's being set over
and over), it would be nice to be able to suppress the barking.

Cheers,

Matt
-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Pendleton [mailto:bpendleton@amberpoint.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 10:50 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Ant 1.5 -- deprecated warning from Available task

> > [available]   Build file should not reuse the same property name for
> > different values.
>
> When your run target gets called, the property has already been set
> and <available> shouldn't be able to change its value.

Sure, I understand all that. The point is, <available>
*wasn't* changing its value. The value was the same,
but the message told me not to reuse the same property
name for *different* values.

I was re-using the same property name for the *same* value.

That should be an (effective, if not literal) no-op, just
as it was in Ant 1.4.

bryan