ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Lyon" <m...@stargus.com>
Subject RE: BCEL
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:48:06 GMT
Hi,

I apologize for being a bit brain-dead about this new dependency analysis using BCEL, but
I still have some questions. I downloaded BCEL.jar and placed it in ${ANT_HOME}/lib, but I
am still getting the following message when my ejbjar tasks execute:

[ejbjar] Unable to load dependency analyzer: org.apache.tools.ant.util.depend.bcel.AncestorAnalyzer

Is this a parent classloader problem that requires that BCEL be set in my system CLASSPATH
to suppress the warning, as opposed to just being dropped off in ${ANT_HOME}/lib?

I also still get the following warnings which I always got in 1.4.1:

   [ejbjar] building Reporting.jar with 31 files
     [ejbc] <Jul 11, 2002 10:30:56 AM EDT> <Warning> <EJB> <EJB Deployment:
Repo
rting has a class com.stargus.platform.services.report.ReportingServiceBean whic
h is in the classpath. This class should only be located in the ejb-jar file.>
     [ejbc] <Jul 11, 2002 10:30:56 AM EDT> <Warning> <EJB> <EJB Deployment:
Repo
rting has a class com.stargus.platform.services.report.ReportingServiceHome whic
h is in the classpath. This class should only be located in the ejb-jar file.>
     [ejbc] <Jul 11, 2002 10:30:56 AM EDT> <Warning> <EJB> <EJB Deployment:
Repo
rting has a class com.stargus.platform.services.report.ReportingService which is
 in the classpath. This class should only be located in the ejb-jar file.>
     [ejbc] <Jul 11, 2002 10:30:56 AM EDT> <Warning> <EJB> <EJB Deployment:
Stat
elessReportingService has a class com.stargus.platform.services.report.Stateless
ReportingServiceBean which is in the classpath. This class should only be locate
d in the ejb-jar file.>
     [ejbc] <Jul 11, 2002 10:30:56 AM EDT> <Warning> <EJB> <EJB Deployment:
Stat
elessReportingService has a class com.stargus.platform.services.report.Stateless
ReportingServiceHome which is in the classpath. This class should only be locate
d in the ejb-jar file.>
     [ejbc] <Jul 11, 2002 10:30:56 AM EDT> <Warning> <EJB> <EJB Deployment:
Stat
elessReportingService has a class com.stargus.platform.services.report.Stateless
ReportingService which is in the classpath. This class should only be located in
 the ejb-jar file.>
     [ejbc] <Jul 11, 2002 10:30:56 AM EDT> <Warning> <EJB> <EJB Deployment:
XMLR
eportingService has a class com.stargus.platform.services.report.XMLReportingSer
viceBean which is in the classpath. This class should only be located in the ejb
-jar file.>
     [ejbc] <Jul 11, 2002 10:30:56 AM EDT> <Warning> <EJB> <EJB Deployment:
XMLR
eportingService has a class com.stargus.platform.services.report.XMLReportingSer
viceHome which is in the classpath. This class should only be located in the ejb
-jar file.>
     [ejbc] <Jul 11, 2002 10:30:56 AM EDT> <Warning> <EJB> <EJB Deployment:
XMLR
eportingService has a class com.stargus.platform.services.report.XMLReportingSer
vice which is in the classpath. This class should only be located in the ejb-jar
 file.>

I seem to recall Conor mentioning this would be fixed in 1.5, and I imagine if I get a handle
on how set the dependency attribute, I can probably supress these warnings as well.

So, I guess there are a couple of issues I'm facing. In any case, everything seems to be building
correctly, as it was under Ant 1.4.1. I am not setting the dependency attribute, as I think
"none" (which I understand to be the default behavior) is the behavior I am looking for in
my build. Do I need to define dependency=none to supress the warning(s)? Not a huge deal as
I can ignore the warnings, but if anyone can offer any insight, I would greatly appreciate
it. The following is an example ejbjar task from my build.xml:

    <!-- Create the Reporting.jar EJB. -->
    <ejbjar srcdir="${build.output.classes.dir}"
            descriptordir="${scripts}"
            destdir="${build.output.jars.dir}"
            classpath="${jars}/weblogic.jar;${jars}/ejb20.jar">
      <include name="Reporting-ejb-jar.xml"/>
      <exclude name="*weblogic*.xml"/>
      <dtd publicId="-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise JavaBeans 2.0//EN"
           location="${scripts}/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd"/>
      <dtd publicId="-//BEA Systems, Inc.//DTD WebLogic 6.0.0 EJB//EN"
           location="${scripts}/weblogic-ejb-jar.dtd"/>
      <support dir="${build.output.classes.dir}">
        <include name="**/services/report/*.class"/>
      </support>
      <weblogic destdir="${build.output.jars.dir}"
                classpath="${build.output.classes.dir}"/>
    </ejbjar>
    <delete dir="ejbcgen"
            quiet="true"/>

Cheers,

Matt

> I'm a little unclear on why I'm encountering the following message when
> I build my EJB's:
>
> [ejbjar] Unable to load dependency analyzer:
> org.apache.tools.ant.util.depend .bcel.AncestorAnalyzer

Do you have bcel.jar? See:
  http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/install.html#librarydependencies

Diane

=====