ant-user mailing list archives

From "Milind Nirgun" <Nirg...@C-IV.org>
Subject RE: Problems with <exclude> in javac
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:00:22 GMT
What is the value of your ${srcDir}? The documentation says that "if you include part of your
package-structure inside the srcdir attribute, Ant will recompile your sources every time
you call it". I believe that is whats happening in your case.
After you have done clean it recompiles all your sources. Otherwise it is not recompiling
the two excluded files probably because they haven't changed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Paris [mailto:nathan.paris@laurelhillgis.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 1:45 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Problems with <exclude> in javac

I am trying to exclude some file from being compiled.  Here is the code
I am using:

<target name="compile" description="clean up" >
    <javac
srcDir location="${srcDir}"
destdir="${buildDir}"
            classpath="${classpath}"
            debug="off">
<exclude name="com/package/file1.java"/>
            <exclude name="com/package2/file2.java"/>
    </javac>
</target>

<target name="clean" description="clean up" >
        <delete dir="${buildDir}/com" failonerror="false" />
</target>

I am having "weird" results in terms of if I do the compile after I have
done a clean then the excludes seem to be ignored, but if I do the
compile any other time it seems to work.

Any ideas?