ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ramasubbu, Hari" <Hari.Ramasu...@ap.bdi.gte.com>
Subject RE: Using Ant to compile C/C++ etc.
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:06:25 GMT
Have look at this .It works fine for our project.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ant-contrib

Hari

-----Original Message-----
From: Duane Mattos [mailto:dpmattos@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 4:40 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Using Ant to compile C/C++ etc.

I am in a multi language shop.  We currently use Ant to compile java.  If it

is at all feasible I would like to try to use Ant to compile a very large
tree of C/C++ code with many dependencies.  (and perhaps later Fortran and
the other things we compile in the shop)

Does anyone do this already?
What kind of success have you had?
How does the performance of Ant compiling C/C++ compare to using make?

Thank you,

Duane Mattos