ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ramasubbu, Hari" <hari.ramasu...@verizon.com>
Subject Xml Vs MakeFile Dilemma
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 16:00:09 GMT

Prelude 	--  We have a C++ application running on Aix.There are about
15 developers who use Makefiles to compile the code using xlc_r compiler.
I have planned to use the cpp tasks from Ant-Contrib from sourceforge.

Question 	-- How does other CM analysts manage the situation ,where
they advocate developers to use ant-xml scripts which warrants a good
learning curve to move from Makefile to Ant .Is the Ant-contrib cpp project
mature enough to handle most of the features of the xlc_r compiler .(Forgive
me if I'm being so nosy, but I thought its better to ask the Almighty Ant
Community before I venture into this effort which involves other developers'
time)

Sincerely
Hari Ramasubbu
Verizon