ant-user mailing list archives

From <Andrew.Beac...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: Checking the version of Ant
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:11:44 GMT
Dominique,

> I see this check as more something for every developer which might
> have played with Ant already and possibly has several versions
> installed. But I could be wrong. --DD

You've hit the nail on the head!  Our master build machine is fine as
we control the version of Ant that we use there, but my concern is with
helping our build team as each developer has Ant installed on their
local machine, and some have more than one.  We have enough issues with
build problems due to mismatched software on local machines that I want
to protect against the wrong version of Ant being used to build our
system per developer.

I will probably leave the protection in that I have so far, and if they
get the <mail> error, then I can add that to an FAQ for building our
software.

Andy.

--
Andrew Beacock