ant-user mailing list archives

From <Andrew.Beac...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: Checking the version of Ant
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:08:17 GMT
Diane,

> Wouldn't it be easier still to just use a listener that sends mail,
> rather than relying on the <mail> task? Since you're sending mail
> about mismatched versions, presumably you also want to send
> > build-results mail when the versions do match and things run.

I'm not sending mail about mismatched versions, it's just that my
buildfile uses the 1.5 <mail> task in one of the targets (not called
as part of my version check) and Ant1.4.1 throws up when confronted
with the new <mail> task.

I send the build results via email, as well as JUnit test results
(JUnitReport) and a few other important things (build.xml,
build.properties, etc.)  I haven't implemented the mail listener
solution yet as I'm just moving across to 1.5 now...

> The other alternative would be to use the <mimemail> task. It's
> deprecated for 1.5, but not gone, and you'll only see the DEPRECATED
> output if you actually run it (ie., when the versions don't match).

I don't wait to get the deprecated message each time, and I like the
neatness of the new 1.5 <mail> task.

> Out of curiosity -- assuming this check is done before anything gets
> run, what set of files would you have at that point to send anyway?

Like I said, it's not that I'm trying to mail at that point, just that
Ant1.4.1 doesn't support <fileset> in <mail>.

Thanks for your feedback!

Andy.

--
Andrew Beacock