ant-user mailing list archives

From "Duffey, Kevin" <KDuf...@BUYMEDIA.com>
Subject RE: Auto-increment a x.x.x.x build number?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 04:17:07 GMT
You know, I just had an idea. Stupid of not even thinking of it. How about using 4 different
files for <buildnumber file=""/> AND a conditional that says if buildnumber1 > 99,
set it to 0, and then do the <buildnumber file="2"/>. Then again, I suppose this wont
work because you can't auto-increment a number in real-time, can you? Maybe I can just extend
build number as a new task to indicate the number of digits to use?

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 8:43 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Auto-increment a x.x.x.x build number?

If the other numbers are independent from the fourth (ie., build) number,
but you're keeping all four number values in a single property file, then
you'd want to use <propertyfile> to increment it (and you could use it to
increment the others as well, by defining a property on the command line
for when the build is for, eg., a patch). Unfortunately, in looking at
this for you, I've just discovered that <propertyfile> is yet again broken
:(

So for now, I'd say define your build number using <buildnumber>, and read
in both your properties file that defines the other three and the one that
<buildnumber> writes out.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)