ant-user mailing list archives

From "Duffey, Kevin" <KDuf...@BUYMEDIA.com>
Subject RE: Auto-increment a x.x.x.x build number?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 03:29:03 GMT

you do, reset the buildnumber to 0 when you are working on a new build?

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 8:01 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Auto-increment a x.x.x.x build number?

--- "Duffey, Kevin" <KDuffey@BUYMEDIA.com> wrote:
> You sure are an active one on this list. [...] I thought I could type!

Last time I checked, 120wpm (once I've had my coffee :)

Anyway, to the business at hand... I could probably put an example
together for you -- but at this point I'm very confused about why you need
to allow for four numbers if you're only tracking it for 60 days. Even
allowing for manual builds -- four number positions would allow for about
a zillion, wouldn't it? Or have I completely misunderstood what you really
want to do?

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)