ant-user mailing list archives

From "Duffey, Kevin" <KDuf...@BUYMEDIA.com>
Subject RE: Auto-increment a x.x.x.x build number?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 02:21:22 GMT
Hey Diane,

You sure are an active one on this list. ;) I get like 300 emails a day form various lists,
and I must have over 5000 emails in my archive from you (to the list) ;) I thought I could
type! Wow!

Anyway, ok, well, there is no "upper limit" per se. I figured that for the most part the build
number increases each night by one, plus any manual builds. As this process could occur for
more than 60 days, the limit of 99 may not work well if we have several manual builds as well.
I figured 255 (for a byte value) would be fine for each of the 4 x.x.x.x. So, I hate to ask
you to do this for me, and I'll certainly look into it, but if you can give me a snippet of
how to increment one value, as well as conditionally check for a value, reset the value and
increment another value, that would be very helpful. I can put the rest together to get the
4 of them working.

Thank you very much.

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 12:16 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Auto-increment a x.x.x.x build number?

--- "Duffey, Kevin" <KDuffey@BUYMEDIA.com> wrote:
> Just got Ant 1.5. I am curious if it is possible to update a build
> number that comes in the form of x.x.x.x I want to update the last .x
> until it reachs either 99 or 255. Once it gets there it should auto
> increment the next to last .x and reset the last .x to 0. And so on
> through the 4 different numbers. Is this possible? Or does the new
> BuildNumber feature only increment a single value? I can't find anything
> in the API docs that show any examples of how to do this.

You couldn't use <buildnumber>, but you could probably do it with a
combination of <propertyfile> and <condition>, if you have a separate
property for (at least) the last and next-to-last "x". What determines
whether the cut-off is 99 or 255? And does the next-to-last "x" have an
upper limit, which then affects the next-to-next-to-last, etc.?

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)