ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Kuhnash <jkuhn...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Mapping files into a JAR, seemingly impossible.
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:53:30 GMT

>Why not?
>
><mkdir dir="some temp dir" />
><copy todir="some temp dir" preservelastmodified="true">
>   <fileset dir="whatever your jar's basedir would have been" />
>   <mapper type="glob"  from="*.${environment}" to="*"/>
></copy>
><jar basedir="some temp dir" update="${update_val}"
>      destfile="${jproject.build.dir}/resources.${environment}.jar" />
><delete dir="some temp dir" />
>
>should do it.
>
>Stefan

Thanks Stefan .. of course I was avoiding the use of a temp directory but I
guess since Java has problems spawning perl scripts (Has anyone else seen
this ?? exec on a perl script does not seem to work at all, though there is
no error logging, etc)   I will have to go ahead with it. Would be nice if
JAR was capable of renaming files in it's archive .... or something :)

Thanks though,
Jeremy