ant-user mailing list archives

From Kenji Konaka <>
Subject [Fwd: Re: System.loadLibrary() hangs on win2k cmd.exe console?]
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 01:40:54 GMT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: System.loadLibrary() hangs on win2k cmd.exe console?
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:57:10 -0400

> now I'm thinking about dead-lock related to STDLIB
> initialization routines (possibly coming from(?) ).

I've tried this and confirmed that, if I simply say:
% cl -Ic:\java\include -Ic:\java\include\win32
      -LD MyProg.c -FeMyProg.dll
(as in the java tutorial at
things DOES hang, but if I say this instead:
% cl -Ic:\java\include -Ic:\java\include\win32 -c MyProg.c
% link /dll /nodefaultlib /out:MyProg.dll MyProg.obj %MSC%\lib\MSVCRT.LIB %MSC%\lib\kernel32.lib
the created DLL now doesn't hang the JVM and
works just fine.

-I still don't think the above command lines are
optimal, but anyway this appears to be the _problem_ :)

ps., does any service pack updates fix this automatically?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message