ant-user mailing list archives

From Kenji Konaka <kkon...@mac.com>
Subject [Fwd: Re: System.loadLibrary() hangs on win2k cmd.exe console?]
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 01:40:29 GMT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: System.loadLibrary() hangs on win2k cmd.exe console?
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:32:33 -0400
From: kkonaka@mac.com
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org

hi - thanks all for the replies.

one interesting thing I've found out about a minute
ago is that:

the program runs perfectly fine if the single line
  System.loadLibrary("myDll");
was changed to
  System.loadLibrary("jpeg"); // this resolves to %JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\jpeg.dll

(again: System.loadLibrary("myDll"); fails only if the
launched JVM is running under ant)

the JNI part of the source code actually looks like this:
--
#include
#include        // <- can this be problematic by any chance??

now I'm thinking about dead-lock related to STDLIB
initialization routines (possibly coming from(?) ).

maybe try recompiling this particular DLL file with
different (compile and/or linking) options?

[this dll file actually is prepared by somebody else,
so at the moment I don't know exactly what was done to create this... anyway]

regards,
kenji
ps., so it looks like half-Ant-unrelated after all .

ps2.,
- doing tests under ant1.5 didn't make any difference.
- below by the way is the complete build.xml file