ant-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Coast <>
Subject Re: quotes in args for exec
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:50:48 GMT

thanks, yes I had seen your first comment and I can confirm that the mix of both
relative and absolute paths is correct.  my original build file contained a set
of properties (no hard coded values).  In order to debug the problem I started
by successfully executing the command outstide ant.  I then replaced the values
in build.xml with the values which worked correctly from cmd.  But to my suprise
ant failed.  I believe the 'classpath' argument is in this case a red herring.
It is not the classpath for the underlying java executable but it is a parameter
needed by the executable.  When this parameter contains more than one section
delimited by a ';' the value of the parameter needs to be quoted.  The relative
paths are fine as they are relative to the where I am executing ant from.  (btw,
I have tried with dir set and with absolute paths for all of the parameters with
the same error.)

I need to execute this

D:\java\jwsdp-1_0\bin\xrpcc.bat -server -classpath
-d target\classes conf\config.xml

but ant is giving me this

D:\java\jwsdp-1_0\bin\xrpcc.bat -server -classpath
-d target\classes conf\config.xml

If I execute this line on cmd I get the same error as I am getting when I run
from witin ant.

If you have any idea how to pass quotes within the arg I'd be grateful.

(note the missing quotes)