ant-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Coast <>
Subject quotes in args for exec
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:57:00 GMT

I need to get quotes in arguments to an exec command.  In order for the command
to work, the -classpath argument needs to be in quotes.  Don't ask me why, it
just does :)

this is what I have in my build.xml

       <exec executable="D:\java\jwsdp-1_0\bin\xrpcc.bat">
          <arg line="-server" />
          <arg line="-classpath
          <arg line="-d target\classes" />
          <arg line="conf\config.xml" />

but as you can see from the debug, the quotes are missing from executed command.

[exec] [DEBUG] Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: D:\java\jwsdp-1_0\bin\xrpcc.bat
-server -classpath D:\projects\coffeebreak-common\target\coffeebreak-common-1.
0.jar;target\classes -d target\classes conf\config.xml

if I run the exact command above with quotes from cmd, everything works fine.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message