ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: ejbjar: unable to load dependency analyzer
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2002 10:32:00 GMT
Bridges,Edward wrote:
> indeed, i confirmed that the AncestorAnalyzer class is in fact there:
>
> c:\>jar tvf c:\ant-1.5\lib\optional.jar
> .
> .
>   3224 Tue Jul 09 11:12:34 EDT 2002 org/apache/tools/ant/util/depend/bcel/AncestorAnalyzer.class
> .
> .
>
> i tried both the binary distro and compiling it myself, and i tried using all
> three of dependency="[none|super|full]" as the attributes for the ejbjar task.
>
> thanks!
> --e--

Edward,

Let me just explain what is going on and let's see where we go from there.

Firstly, the 1.4.1 behaviour was to add the super classes of all bean
classes into the generated jar. This was a minimal attempt to ensure that
dependent classes were included in the jar. This feature was implemented
using reflection which required the classes to be loaded into Ant's VM. This
was undesirable for a few reasons especially the need to get the classpaths
right.

In Ant 1.5, the mechanism was changed to use BCEL. This has two benefits -
the bean classes are no longer loaded into the Ant VM and a fuller
dependency analysis was possible. The dependency attribute was introduced to
give more control over this feature. I think the behaviour of the various
options are covered in the documentation.

The default value, "super" is there for backward compatability. The contents
of any jars generated should be the same between 1.4 and 1.5 with this
option. This option *requires* BCEL.

The version of BCEL required is 5.0. Later versions should work if BCEL
maintains backward compatibility.

You say you have tried "none". This should always work since it performs no
dependency analysis at all. You should get no warnings. Is this the case?

If you have the BCEL jar and the other options do not work - i.e. they give
a warning, can you check the integrity of the BCEL jar (jar tvf bcel.jar
should do it).

Conor