ant-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Ant 2 et al...
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 06:13:36 GMT

Magesh Umasankar wrote:
> From: <>
>>Unfortunately, no it wont. I'm not in a position to
>>call for a vote,
> As I understand it, anybody can call _for_ a vote.  The
> committers get the right _to_ vote.

"Any Contributor or Committer ("member") may call for an action-item
vote on the Developer mailing list. It is preferred that a vote be
preceded by a formal proposal offered for discussion purposes. The
message announcing a vote should contain a Subject beginning with
"[VOTE]", and a distinctive one-line summary corresponding to the action
item for the vote."

This is from the new draft.

Does it apply?

I wasn't aware of it myself.