ant-user mailing list archives

From "Riffe, Melvin" <melvin.ri...@capitalone.com>
Subject Ant 1.5; Using the 'update' attribute of 'zip' task
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:41:38 GMT
Hi all

I was hoping someone has run into the issue I'm having with the 'zip' task
(actually I'm using the 'war' task but since it extends the 'zip'
task...well...)

In our build process we are building three war files.  Two are exactly the
same, save for their file name.  The remaining war file contains the
contents of the other two (same class files, one lib jar file) plus some
static web content.

I was able to refactor my 'war' task using pattensets to get the correct
class and jar files for each war file.  My problem is trying to add the
static web content to the /special/ war file.

Here's a snippet of the solution I though would work:
<target...>
<war destfile="${dist.war}/${war.app}"
webxml="${source.config}/${war.app.web.xml}">
   <zipfileset dir="${source.config}"
includes="${source.config}/${war.app.weblogic.xml}"
fullpath="WEB-INF/weblogic.xml" />
   <classes dir="${dest.java}">
      <patternset refid="${project.app}.war.class.files" />
      <patternset refid="common.war.class.files" />
   </classes>
   <lib dir="${dist.jar}">
      <patternset refid="${project.app}.war.jar.files"/>
   </lib>
</war>
<condition property="deploying.cmos">
   <equals arg1="cmos" arg2="${project.app}" />
</condition>
<antcall target="package.cmos.war" inheritAll="true" inheritRefs="true" />

</target>

<target name="package.cmos.war" if="deploying.cmos">
   <war destfile="${dist.war}/${war.app}" update="true">
      <zipfileset dir="${source.images}" prefix="images">
         <patternset refid="image.files" />
      </zipfileset>
      <zipfileset dir="${source.static.html}" />
   </war>
</target>

However, after running with -debug and -verbose, it appears my war file is
not updated because the files already in it are up to date.  I don't
understand how it can be up to date when the files I want to add aren't even
in the war file.

Does anyone have experience with the 'update' attribute?  Does anyone have
any suggestions?

Thanks...

Mel Riffe