ant-user mailing list archives

From Ed Mangual <ed.mang...@s1.com>
Subject Out of memory issues when compiling
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:45:48 GMT
I am compiling a fairly large project containing anywhere from 1500 to 2500
source files and I am constantly getting the compiler has ran out memory
error. I have tried using the "set ANT_OPTS=-Xmx512m" in the ant batch file,
forking the javac processes and even setting the memoryInitialSize and
memoryMaximumSize, but nothing seems to work. I am compiling on a dual 1gig
xeon on win2k, Ant-1.4.1, sun jdk 1.2.2_12 and with 1GB of memory. I run
into the same problem using Ant 1.5. I have watched the java process used by
Ant and it seems to grow with each task it executes with out releasing the
memory, it looks to me that when I forked the process it helped some but I
still see the errors. Any ideas? Do we have some type of memory leak?

Ed Mangual

SCM Architect

Business Banking Division

S1 Corporation, Charlotte

704-423-2530

" Quality only happens when we care enough to do our very best"

" An obstacle is something you see only when you take your eyes off the
goal"