ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <Sha...@ncs.com>
Subject strange behavior with antcall
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 22:48:50 GMT
Greetings,

I have a target (build.reporting.only) that gets executed twice in a build
because I specify the command line

$ ant build.shrserv build.reporting

and build.shrserv has a dependency on a target that is also a dependency for
build.reporting. This build.reporting.only target has an antcall which
passes two parameters to a target (sign.applet). The sign.applet target has
no dependencies.

Now the problem I am having is that the first time build.reporting only call
sign.applet both parameters are passed in, but the second time verbose
logging indicates that one of the parameters is ignored (because it is an
overide). The value it takes on is from a property file. I have verified
that there is no recursion going on.

I fired up WinMerge and the only difference in the verbose logging in the
two antcalls comes right at the beginning, before :

first run:
-------------------
Project base dir set to: C:\emsbe
  [antcall] calling target sign.applet in build file
C:\emsbe\build\build-v40.xml
parsing buildfile C:\emsbe\build\build-v40.xml with URI =
file:C:/emsbe/build/build-v40.xml

second run:
-------------------
Project base dir set to: C:\emsbe
Override ignored for property applet.name
  [antcall] calling target sign.applet in build file
C:\emsbe\build\build-v40.xml
parsing buildfile C:\emsbe\build\build-v40.xml with URI =
file:C:/emsbe/build/build-v40.xml

Notice that this override shows up *before* any of the property files are
loaded and it isn't defined anywhere else. Perhaps the logging is misleading
due to threading in ant, I don't know; but I am completely flummoxed as to
what could be happening here.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer