ant-user mailing list archives

From Richard Pais <ants...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.catalina.ant.InstallTask cannot be found
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:03:40 GMT

I found out that the task definition is specific only to JWSDP as mentioned in the sidebar
of the JWSDP tutorial.  It states the following "Note: It is critical that your PATH variable
includes the PATH to the bin directory of the Java WSDP at the front of the PATH. If not,
many of the Ant commands will not work because the version of Ant shipped with the Java WSDP
sets the jwsdp.home environment variable and other versions of Ant will not."

-Richie
 Stefan Bodewig wrote:On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Richard Pais wrote:

> file:C:/jwsdp-1_0/docs/tutorial/examples/gs/build.xml:65: taskdef
> class org.apache.catalina.ant.InstallTask cannot be found
>
> However, if I execute using version 1.4.1 it runs fine. Is the task
> not supported or has it been deprectated in version 1.5?

I guess you have some additional jars in ANT_HOME/lib for 1.4.1. The
task you are talking about is not part of Ant - and has never been.

Stefan