ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan <...@pobox.com>
Subject String manipulation in FileSets, FileLists: how ?
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 01:12:39 GMT

Hi,

I'd like to get a list of files (a FileSet, I suppose), do some String
manipulation in it, like replace .java with .class, strip the beginning of
each file path off etc.
The result should be used in another task.

The rationale is:

In my project the sources are in seperate folders, but all binaries end up
in the same tree.
I'd like to bild seperate jars with the binaries for each source folder.

Basically, I thought to take a fileset (that's conceptually a list of strings,
right?) of all .java file in the source tree, replace all .java with .class
and put the resulting list of .class files in a jar task.

Is this the right way to do it ?
If so, how do i do string manipulation in a fileset ?

Thanx,
Stefan
--
Stefan